On its second year, the RemTECH Awards are developed by IMTC Conferences in partnership with Mohr World Consulting to showcase the most innovative and outstanding technological solutions designed to improve remittance services worldwide. Welcoming newcomers and veterans alike, we want to foster an environment of collabortion to streamline cross-border money transfers and better serve the migrants, expats, and businesses who rely on them.
Entrants must choose one of the following categories as their Main Category. They will also have the chance to choose a Secondary Category: End User Experience, B2B Solution (Back-Office Solution/ FX Management/ Treasury/ Customer Service), Compliance Innovation (RegTech/ KYC/ AML/ CTF), Remittances for Development Solution, Technology Innovation and Remittance Synergies Solution. Click on each category to see a description.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Innovations that contribute to development, benefit the market ecosystem and improve transparency, speed, cost and reliability for the companies and end-users that send and receive remittances every day.
- Entries can be projects, services, products, research, programs, campaigns, or activities released AFTER June 30th, 2015.
- Aspects of entries relating before this date will not be accepted. However, entries may still be in concept or pilot phase to-date.
- Businesses, organizations, collectives, and individuals of all-levels of establishment from anywhere in the world are welcomed to apply.
The RemTECH Awards ceremony will be hosted at the Global Remittance Forum for Remittance, Investment, and Economic Development (GFRID) Asia- Pacific 2018 at Sasana Kijang in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on their Private Sector Day. The RemTECH Awards are aligned with the GFRID2018 vision & objectives, committed to raising awareness about the power of innovation, facilitating dialogue between entrepreneurs, international organizations and governments to promote collaboration on the contribution of migrant remittances to development by building partnerships to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which has been running for 10 years. As we are also very interested in the power of Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) – Blockchain and Virtual Currencies & Tokens, to democratize the remittance industry, the RemTECH Awards has been included as a UNDESA blockchain intiative.
The Judging Panel is made of individuals that have been selected by IMTC and represent the organization, the partners and the sponsors, executives with a proven track record in fintech & remittances. Each judge will score each entry based on the judging criteria to determine the 2018 finalists by April 17th. These finalists will have a chance to receive their trophy on the GFRID 2018 stage.
CEO Yokip Consulting + Co-Chair of The Blockchain Series
Director of Asia-Pacific at Developing Market Associates
Managing Director of Asia Pacific + Middle East of Blockchain Industries
CTO Bloom Solutions, author, and cartoonist
Head of Global Strategy and Development at Xpress Money
Global Money Transfer & Banking Payments Expert
Banking & Payments Consultant + Co-host of Around the Coin
Sia Hui Yong
Director and Co-founder of Tranglo
CEO of Developing Marketing Associates
CEO of Bitspark Limited
BECOME A PARTNER
Support innovation in remittances through technology by supporting the RemTECH Awards 2018. Get visibility from all GFRID 2018 Asia-Pacific invitees in the public and private sector of remittances. Ensure our finalists and partners will have the funds to travel to Kuala Lumpur.
- Logo Placement on event website and on all event marketing materials
- Announcement of the Partnership in Newsletter
- Announcement of the Partnership in Social Media
- The presence of partner’s logo and/or company name in a special online marketing campaign promoting the RemTECH Awards
- Discounts on IMTC and The Blockchain Series events
- A partner may be able to nominate a judge for the Independent Judging Panel
IMTC General Manager