WHO SHOULD ENTER?
Thank you for your interest in the 2018 RemTECH Awards! We are looking for innovations that contribute to development, benefit the market ecosystem, and improve transparency, speed, cost and reliability for the companies and end-users that send and receive remittances every day. Entries can be projects, services, products, research, programs, campaigns, or activities released AFTER June 30th, 2015. Aspects of entries relating before this date will not be accepted. However, entries may still be in concept or pilot phase to-date. Businesses, organizations, collectives, and individuals of all-levels of establishment from anywhere in the world are welcomed to apply.
Please review our categories to determine if your solution helps in any of these remittance areas:
- B2B Solutions
- Compliance Innovation
- End-User Experience
- Technology Innovation
- Remittance for Development
- Remittance Synergies
We are particularly interested in entries that:
- Involve blockchain
- Don’t involve blockchain
- Are making great strides but are relatively unknown
- Have a stake in South Asia remittance and development
- Solve today’s money transfer problems but also are anticipating the future’s
- Develop solutions in periphery industries that could benefit cross-border senders and their recipients
- Get recognized for your RemTECH Award in front of the World Bank, IFAD, and Bank of Malaysia hosted GFRID 2018 audience in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Meet world-influencers and executives from central banks, NGOs, government organizations, money service businesses, and blockchain companies
- Receive a RemTECH Awards trophy and a digital badge you can display on your website and signature
- Gain international press on your innovation as a RemTECH Awards Winner
- Be apart of one of the first industry awards voted on blockchain
- Earn an award validated by both the remittance private and public sector
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
- POPULAR VOTE – Ends March 30th: Once your application is approved (typically 1-3 days), you can begin sharing your profile with supporters to get them to vote for your entry. We suggest you alert your email list, social media, and partners. This will be one criteria judges will consider upon selecting Finalists.
- JUDGES VOTE – March 31st to April 15th: Our Judging Panel will determine the entries to determine who are the Category Winners and Award Mentions. Winners are guaranteed paid hotel and flight to attend GFRID 2018 where they will receive their trophy. Mentions are selectively given out by judges who feel strongly about a candidate and ensure that the entry gains some recognition. The judges will review entries and be asked through an online portal to rate each entry based on the following criteria:
- Originality, Creativity & Intent
- Functionality & Technical Qualities
- Ease of Use & Adoption (Impact on end user experience)
- Game-changer – Impact in industry
- Integration & Performance
- Sustainability & Potential for Growth
- Results and campaign efforts from Popular Vote
- WINNERS + MENTIONS ANNOUNCED – April 17th
- AWARD CEREMONY – May 8th to 10th – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Winners will be flown in to be recognized on stage at GFRID 2018. All Category Winners and Industry Choice Winner will each receive a trophy. All Winners and Mentions will also be emailed a corresponding RemTECH Awards digital badge they may display on their website, social media, and email signature.
Co-Chair Olivia Chow is available to review innovations and assist with positioning entry in the best way. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquiries, contact Marketing Coordinator Florencia Miller at email@example.com