WHO SHOULD ENTER?
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 RemTECH Awards! We are looking for innovations that contribute to development, benefit the market ecosystem, and improve transparency, speed, cost and reliability for the companies and end-users that send and receive remittances every day. Entries can be projects, services, products, research, programs, campaigns, or activities released AFTER June 30, 2016. Aspects of entries relating before this date will not be accepted. However, entries may still be in concept or pilot phase to-date. Businesses, organizations, collectives, and individuals of all-levels of establishment from anywhere in the world are welcomed to apply.
Please review our categories to determine if your innovation helps in any of these remittance areas:
- B2B Solutions
- Compliance Innovation
- End-User Experience
- Technology Innovation
- Remittance for Development
- Remittance Synergies
We are particularly interested in entries that:
- Involve blockchain
- Don’t involve blockchain
- Are making great strides but are relatively unknown
- Solve today’s money transfers and international payments problems but also anticipates future ones.
- Develop solutions in periphery industries that could benefit cross-border senders and their recipients
WINNERS + MENTIONS PACKAGE
- 1 free registration to IMTC EMEA 2019 (July 1st to 3rd)
- An invitation to showcase their entries at the Remittance Innovation Forum on July 1st, wich will be recorded and played at IMTC EMEA 2019 before final tally of the Industry Choice
- Recognized at RemTECH Awards 2019 Ceremony on July 3rd
- Receive a RemTECH Awards 2019 trophy and a digital badge that you can display on your website and/or your company’s email signatures
- A nomination for the Industry Choice ballot, wich will be shared with IMTC’s 7000+ industry mailing list on June 16th
- An opportunity to present innovation at IMTC Africa 2019, in Lagos Sept. 24 and/or IMTC World 2019 on November 12th
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
- POPULAR VOTE – Ends June 14: Once your application is approved (1-3 days), you can begin sharing your profile with supporters to get them to vote for your entry. We suggest you alert your email list, social media, and partners. The top two winners of the Popular Vote will be considered Finalists.
- JUDGES VOTE – June 15 to June 24: Our Judging Panel will determine the entries to name who are the Category Finalists, Winners and Award Mentions. All Finalists will be invited* to attend IMTC EMEA 2019, showcase their entries on July 1 and be at the Award Ceremony on July 3. Mentions will be selectively given out by judges to candidates that they feel strongly about and entries they think deserve some recognition. The judges will review entries and will be asked through an online portal to rate each entry based on the following criteria:
- Originality, Creativity & Intent
- Functionality & Technical Qualities
- Ease of Use & Adoption (Impact on end user experience)
- Game-changer – Impact in industry
- Integration & Performance
- Sustainability & Potential for Growth
- Results and campaign efforts from Popular Vote
- WINNERS + MENTIONS ANNOUNCED // INDUSTRY CHOICE VOTING BEGINS – June 26: Category Winners and Judges’ Mentions are announced, invited to join us at IMTC EMEA 2019, and earn a spot on the RemTECH Industry Choice ballot to win the Industry Choice Award. All of those on the IMTC email list are automatically registered to vote and will be sent a single-use email to do so.
- FINALISTS ENTRY PRESENTATION – July 1 – Remittance Innovation Forum at IMTC EMEA 2019: At the RemTECH Seminar at IMTC EMEA in London, candidates will be invited to present their innovation, which will be live-streamed.
- INDUSTRY CHOICE VOTING ENDS – July 2 at 7pm GMT – Team reviews votes to prepare for announcement the next day at the ceremony.
- AWARD CEREMONY – Jul 3 at IMTC EMEA 2019: Winners will receive their awards at the IMTC stage in front of the audience. All Category Winners and Industry Choice Winners will be e-mailed a corresponding RemTECH Award 2019 digital badge that they may display on their website, social media, and e-mail signature.
*An invitation means a Free Complimentary Pass to IMTC EMEA 2019 event. We will do our best to help certain finalists with financial constraints with accomodation in London for the July 1-3 stay to participate in the event.
Co-Chair Olivia Chow is available to review innovations and assist with positioning entry in the best way. Please email her at email@example.com.
For media inquiries, contact Marketing Coordinator Florencia Miller using the contact form here.
For all other inquiries, contact Claudia Avila using the contact form here.