WHO SHOULD ENTER?
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 RemTECH Awards! We are looking for innovations that contribute to development, benefit the market ecosystem, and improve transparency, speed, cost and reliability for the companies and end-users that send and receive remittances every day. Entries can be projects, services, products, research, programs, campaigns, or activities released AFTER June 30, 2017. Aspects of entries relating before this date will not be accepted. However, entries may still be in concept or pilot phase to-date. Businesses, organizations, collectives, and individuals of all-levels of establishment from anywhere in the world are welcomed to apply.
Please review our categories to determine if your innovation helps in any of these remittance areas:
- B2B Solutions
- Compliance Innovation
- End-User Experience
- Innovation for Africa
- Remittance for Development
- Remittance Synergies
- Innovation In Time of Crisis
We are particularly interested in entries that:
- Involve blockchain
- Don’t involve blockchain
- Are making great strides but are relatively unknown
- Solve today’s money transfers and international payment problems but also anticipates future ones.
- Develop solutions in periphery industries that could benefit cross-border senders and their recipients
WINNERS + MENTIONS PACKAGE
- 1 invitation to IMTC WORLD 2020 (November 16 – 19)
- Tradeshow space at IMTC WORLD 2020 table
- 1 invitation to showcase entry at the Remittance Innovation Forum
- Recognized at RemTECH Awards 2020 Ceremony at IMTC WORLD 2020
- Receive a RemTECH Awards 2020 trophy and a digital badge for display on website and/or company’s e-mail signatures
- Featured in IMTC’s 7000+ mailing list
- An opportunity to present innovation at IMTC WORLD 2020 in Miami, November 2020
Share your innovation and gain recognition in front of senior individuals representing companies and institutions of the following:
- Central bankers
- NGOs + Government organizations
- Executives of Money Service Businesses
- Blockchain startup founders
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
- OPEN SUBMISSIONS AND POPULAR VOTE – February 17th to August 31st: Once your application is approved (1-3 days), you can begin sharing your profile with supporters to get them to vote for your entry. We suggest you alert your email list, social media, and partners. The top two winners of the Popular Vote will be considered Finalists.
- JUDGES VOTE – August 14th to August 31st: Our Judging Panel will determine the entries to name who are the Category Finalists, Winners, and Award Mentions. All Finalists will be invited* to attend IMTC WORLD 2020, showcase their entries on November 16 – 19. Mentions will be selectively given out by judges to candidates that they feel strongly about and entries they think deserve some recognition. The judges will review entries and will be asked through an online portal to rate each entry based on the following criteria:
- Originality, Creativity & Intent
- Functionality & Technical Qualities
- Ease of Use & Adoption (Impact on end-user experience)
- Game-changer – Impact in industry
- Integration & Performance
- Sustainability & Potential for Growth
- Innovation In Times of Crisis
- Results and campaign efforts from Popular Vote
- AWARD CEREMONY – November 16 – 19 at IMTC WORL 2020 in Miami: Winners will receive their awards at IMTC WORLD 2020 in Miami, USA, in front of the private and public sector audience. All Category Winners and Industry Choice Winners will be e-mailed a corresponding RemTECH Award 2020 digital badge that they may display on their website, social media, and e-mail signature.
Co-Chair Olivia Chow is available to review innovations and assist with positioning entry in the best way. Please email her at email@example.com.
For media inquiries, contact Marketing Coordinator Florencia Miller using the contact form here.
For all other inquiries, contact Joyce Jerez using the contact form here.